Hello guys , it's good to back on writing articles on my Blog, after I took anlittle break off. Meanwhile, today I'll be reviewing the newest Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro.. stay with me. ?
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro is the upgraded version of the Black Shark 3 smartphone. This superb gaming phone comes with a larger display size with a longer life battery span and also bigger built-in storage option.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Apart from the display, it also has an upgraded memory, bigger battery and also some additional gaming features on the hood. Below is everything you need to know about the 2020 gaming device from Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 7.1 inches AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~484 ppi density)
- Always-on display
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage
- 64 MP + 13 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 20 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical)
- Fast battery charging 65W
- Magnetic charging 18W
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro still maintains the X themed design featuring sharp geometrical curves and grooves on the back. The panel has redesigned triangle camera housing.
The maker also opts for the normal symmetrical design philosophy, so you are getting a matching triangle-shaped design at the bottom half of the back as well. Another noticeable upgrade on the 3 series is the new Tencent Games and 5G logos on the bottom of the device.
The company also partnered with Tencent games to optimize gameplay on the phone. In a nutshell, users will be getting Tencent’s SolarCore Gaming Acceleration Engine in addition to Black Shark’s Gaming Engine.
On the display, the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro has a bigger display size of 7.1 inches with an AMOLED display panel. It also has an impressive resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels and 484 PPI density.
Other features on the phone include the 270Hz touch sampling rate combined with a 24ms touch response time and a 28ms multi-finger touch response time that ensure you face minimal touch lags during gameplay. Furthermore, the touch panel refreshes at 90Hz, offering users smooth scrolling and animations.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro still maintains the same camera set-up on the standard version. It has a triple rear camera of 64 MP main with a 120-degree ultra-wide-angle shooter of 13MP and a dedicated 5MP depth of field sensor. The front camera is 20 MP which is for selfies and video calling.
Hardware and Software
On the specifications, the gaming device packs a Snapdragon 865 flagship processor with an octa-core processor running at a maximum speed of 2.84 GHz. The SOC is paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage.
There is no slot for micro SD card. Powering the gaming phone is the latest Android 10 operating system out of the box.
Battery and Network
You will get an upgraded battery of 5000 mAh Non Removable with a fast battery charging 65W that promises to charge the device to 100% in 38 minutes. It also has the magnetic charging 18W.
Meanwhile, the network includes both 4G and 5G networks with other regulars such as WiFi, Bluetooth, A-GPS, and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
The Gaming Features
The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro comes with two mechanical gaming buttons on its right side. The company explains that each of these buttons is 21mm long and features a 1.5mm keystroke. They are perfect for over 1 million clicks.
It also features horizontal linear motors for better tactile feedback during gameplay. Other gaming features include a special liquid “Sandwich Cooling system”.
The company explains during the launch event that this new phone employs a dual-battery design with a 116mm motherboard in between. The phone is also equipped with heating components like the CPU and 5G modems as far apart as possible.
Additionally, the Black Shark 3 Pro has two 100mm liquid cooling units placed on the two sides of the motherboard. This helps to create a sandwich design. Furthermore, there is a graphite coating on the two cooling units.
The company is also selling a clip-on ice-cooling external fan for the device in case this is not enough. Another notable feature on the phone is the special voice control which allows you to initiate actions during gameplay.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro will sell for $674 for the 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM, while the 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM will sell for $717.
This is about 246,000 Naira and 260,000 Naira in Nigeria respectively. In Ghana, it will sell at a price of 5,000 Gsh and 95,000 Ksh in Kenya depending on the model.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8/12GB RAM
- Colours: Lightning Black, Armor Gray, Star Silver
- Dimension: 177.8 x 83.3 x 10.1 mm
- Weight: 253 grams
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 7.1 inches AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~484 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 13 MP (ultrawide) + 5 MP (depth) Triple, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm
- Built-in Storage: 256/512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: Yes, 5G band 41(2500), 78(3500), 79(4700); SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive Bluetooth
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 65W: 100% in 38 min